It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Cyanogenmod 9 support 

Post Cyanogenmod 9 support
I recently flashed cyanogenmod 9 to my galaxy s2 and now rusted warfare makes my phone freeze after about one to three minutes in game. Rusted warfare is the only app where that happens so i'm pretty sure it's incompatible with cyanogenmod which is sad. i really like this app but i Don't want to go back to touch wiz for it :/ t would be nice if you could look into that problem. i know it's not your job but i'd really appreciate if you can fix that :)

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:34 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Cyanogenmod 9 support
Well it is my job to make sure the game runs on everything :) I'll try my best to fix this.

I don't have anything running cyanogenmod right now so might be a bit tricky. I need to get some test phones. when it does freeze do you get a 'application is not responding' popup? is there a report program button on that? Does it freeze completely? Also does it still freeze if the music or sounds are turned off in the game settings?

If not would you be able to get something like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gcat&hl=en which can record the logs as the program runs, then send it to me?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 am

the sounds are off but the whole phone freezes and the only way to solve that is with taking the battery out :/

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:56 am

Sorry for double post but it won't let me edit my previous post

I tried running at "render at half resolution" option but it still freezes

Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 am
Site Admin

I see that makes it quite a lot harder to debug... But sure what would triggering it, the game should do anything special after a few min delay, expect change music, but it doesn't when disabled. (You were playing with the music volume set to 0 in settings right? Just checking the code I don't think unchecking 'enable sounds' disables to the music, only the slider does).

Hmm not quite sure if it's a bug with the game, I might have to workout some workaround. It's definitely also a bug with cyanogenmod 9 but, as my game should even be able to do this (access wise). Seems to be few people talking about freezes in cyanogenmod 9 but I haven't seen a fix yet. I'll want to try and get some test devices soon, so might be able to see it first hand. It might be possible to get some info before it freezes with usb debugging, with "adb logcat" running on a computer the logs get sent as it's running in realtime, so you could be able to see what happens just before it locks up, and see how badly does lockup.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:27 pm

I've read people encountering freezes from several different applications under cyanogenmod because the cpu underclocked too much. so i flashed fluxi kernel and set the minimum cpu to 1ghz and i was able to complete the first mission (tank zerg rush :p) without any freezes! I hope this will help you figuring the problem out! Now if you excuse me i have to play rusted warfare :D

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Argh... seems like increasing the minimum cpu only delays the freeze. after ten minutes in the second mission it freezed again :(

(btw i both unchecked enable sound and set the slider to 0)

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:13 pm
Site Admin

Seems really odd, I'll see if I can find any info.. I have heard of people fixing problems by temporarily disabling dual core on their cpu. but it was a while back not sure if it relates.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 am

I guess i'll have to wait till you get your test devices. But that's alright. I might as well end up dual booting stock rom :p

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:18 pm

I flashed the recent nightly today ( http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#galaxys2/cm9/1345014562 ) and it seems to work again now :D i've played for about ten minutes now and no freezes so far. i'll tell you if it freezes again but i hope it doesn't :)

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Alright... nevermind me... after playing a built in map it freezed again... :( i'll set up a dual boot now i guess :p

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah it's me again.
It's been a while now and i'd like to hear the current status on those test devices you mentioned and i'd also like to know some info about the upcoming graphical enhancements e.g. when to expect :)

Striezel

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm
Site Admin

I haven't been forcing on graphic impovements for this update, (I probably should) here is my current change log for the next update:

-Added laser defence building to counter artillery and missiles
-Added dropship, a flying transport (*might be left out in the next update, if I don't get time to give it a bit more polish)
-Artillery longer range
-Reduced lag, and interface delays in network games
-Taping the zoom button now cycles between zoom levels
-Reduced memory usage, faster map loading, system able to load in much larger maps.
-Large performance improvements to the pathfinding engine, especially on island maps
-Lots of bugs fixed

not done yet:
-can change the port number used for multiplayer games
-added repair station
-public ip address shown in network games, and port is checked by master server

I haven't got test devices yet, but it seems like cyanogenmod supports my old htc desire so I might try it out on that, it might not have the same problems but, I will have to see.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 am

:o that sounds very promising. looking forward to the next update :D

Yes cyanogenmod supports a wide range of devices, i'm running cm 9 (ICS) the latest nightly for sgs 2 i9100 :)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:17 pm